Re: IETF-91 Question - Hilton Hawaiian village construction and resort fee

--On Monday, August 18, 2014 16:54 -0400 Samuel Weiler
<weiler@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Aug 2014, Ray Pelletier wrote:
>
>> The construction referred to at Fairmont was not actually
>> construction being conducted by the hotel, but by the City of
>> Toronto.
>
> I heard construction noises from my room that the hotel staff
> guessed were coming from the 9th floor of the hotel.  Were
> those activies really being conducted by the city, with no
> control by the hotel?  I doubt it.

I heard what I imagine were similar noises, got the same story,
and hotel staff (not the front desk) confirmed it was hotel
maintenance.

Either way, city construction on a long-planned project that has
apparently been going on for more than a year is not exactly an
act of G-d.  While emergencies are another matter entirely, I
suggest that, if the hotel promises "no construction" and means
"except for city projects and/or things the city makes us do",
they are being disingenuous is not outright deceptive.

>(Yes, there was lots of
> city construction outside, but something seemed to be
> happening high up in the structure of the hotel, too.)

Yep.

    john