Re: IETF-91 Question - Hilton Hawaiian village construction and resort fee

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Rosen, Brian <Brian.Rosen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes!
>
> This was another problem with the construction at the Fairmont.  Many of the
> rooms had windows blocked because of the view into the room by the
> construction.  I had to wait an extra couple of hours to get a room without
> this “feature” when I checked in.

this all seems like lots and lots of faffing about something easily
solved with: "do not stay in the ietf hotel"

especially if you can find a better rate at a 'not ietf hotel' hotel.
(as I have done in paris, toronto, berlin, orlando (ick!), london...)
[MB] Well, good luck with that!  The IETF hotel is in the heart of the resort area and from what I have found the IETF rate is pretty darn good, in particular considering they are not charging the $30 per day resort fee.  Please do post alternative hotels that are significantly cheaper than the IETF hotel after you make your own reservation.  I looked at VRBO and homeaway and renting an apartment/condo can save you a little bit, but not a significant amount. [/MB]

good luck folks!

-chris