Re: Time to move beyond the 32 bit Internet.

Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

> While going through the Windows API calls and thinking how old fashioned
> and lame all those 'Win32' classes look now, a sudden thought:
>
> Ordinary users don't understand the importance of going from IPv4 to IPv6.
>
> But Ordinary users do understand that 32 bits is bad and old and obsolete
> and rubbish and 64 bits is better.

Experienced users know painfully well just how smooth and painless
32-bit (windows) and 32-bit IPv4 is, whereas newer 64-bit (windows)
and newer 128-bit IPv6 is just many painful problems and ZERO benefit.

A lot of the equipment that me and my family is using is not IPv6 capable,
and *ALL* Software that I've used so far (Linux, WinXP, Win7) runs
***MUCH*** better when configured with IPv4-only anyway, so why bother.

If someone needs to be pushed, then it is *VENDORS*, not users,
that they ship their equipment in a fashion that it will work with IPv6,
should this ever become available.  Then maybe in 10 years from now,
this might become interesting to end users.

-Martin