Re: IAOC Seeks Community Input on IETF Website Revamp SOW

On Mar 23, 2014, at 12:58 PM, David Morris <dwm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Another enemy of usability is frequent reorganization of commonly
> used pages.  If one must always look for commonly used links
> because they move around, efficiency suffers. In my observation,
> attempting to achieve high density results in more frequent
> adjustments.

This is true, although only relevant to the extent that we expect the site to get frequent use by IETF regulars.

> Backward navigation is critical. If you make the wrong choice,
> perhaps because your finger didn't touch the correct place
> on the screen, going back must be easy. This can be achieved
> by taking care to insure that the browser back button will
> always work, OR always having a reverse navigation element
> on every page.

I would second this, however I can't imagine a reason why the IETF web site would need controls that would prevent the back button from working, so I think we should just say "the back button must work" and leave it at that.