Re: IETF 89 London - Tube strikes

Hi,

(trimmed to the tube issue)

On 5 Feb 2014, at 12:30, Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le 05/02/2014 11:47, Tim Chown a écrit :

The only disruption in March may be more tube strikes. You may have
to walk places on the surface streets....

Could one check the on-strike announcements somewhere? (I guess the law
mandates announcements that amount of time in advance).

So the best site is probably Transport for London, which is more than just tubes, see http://www.tfl.gov.uk/.

There's a few free (or very cheap) tube apps. I've used one called London Tube Status which is OK (and free). Obviously getting live info while in the tube has issues :)

The London underground is generally a very good system.  It's obviously busy at the start and end of working day rush hours.  It suffers a little from early adopter issues, but the coverage is very good.

The dispute is over the proposed closure of all ticket offices, and I expect it may drag on into March and beyond.

Tim