Re: IETF 89 London - Enquiry

Le 05/02/2014 11:47, Tim Chown a écrit :
On 31 Jan 2014, at 15:05, Elwyn Davies <elwynd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:elwynd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

On Fri, 2014-01-31 at 13:51 +0000, Tim Chown wrote:
On 31 Jan 2014, at 13:23, Dearlove, Christopher (UK)
<chris.dearlove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:chris.dearlove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

John Levine
It's, ah, quite informal.  Tee shirts and sandals are common
when the weather is warm enough.

London. March. Expect rain. (The March was almost redundant
there.)

Indeed. Large chunks of England are underwater… it’s been raining
for some time.

Tim

But in the best traditions of the interactions of British Politics
and British Weather, a Minister for Floods will have been appointed
just in time for the floods to disappear and we will be
experiencing the start of a months long heat wave and drought by
then.  Never take anything for granted!

Yeah, nothing like the environment minister turning up to a village
three weeks after it's become an island and wondering why he's
getting a bit of abuse...

London is fine, just check if you plan on any trips to the country,
e.g. to see stonehenge, you should check the status.  The BBC has
good coverage and updates, e.g.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25629479.

Predictions are hmm engineering.

Accurate reporting of recent events may also be helpful.

Rain radars with a 15minute delay at meteox.com. (this is still a very
good performance in terms of free Internet access, delay of reporting,
fine-grained minute report).

The only disruption in March may be more tube strikes. You may have
to walk places on the surface streets....

Could one check the on-strike announcements somewhere? (I guess the law
mandates announcements that amount of time in advance).

Alex

Green wellies are de rigueur in place of sandals for flood wear in
the UK.  Could have done with them back at IETF 65 in Dallas!

I don't think wellies would have helped in Dallas - now THAT was a
flood. Whole cars were underwater.  Everything's bigger in Texas!

Tim

/E