Re: The "nomap" Network Identifier Suffix

In message <B939184E-AE28-44CE-A6E5-80EDB34E32CD@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ted Lemon writes
:
> On Nov 26, 2013, at 11:52 PM, John Levine <johnl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > And it has the same problem as do-not-track, there's no way to tell
> > whether people you don't trust are following it.
>
> I thought the point was for it to advise network geolocation survey bots
> that the hotspot with this ssid is mobile and can't be used for
> geolocation.

The point was for it to advise network survey bots that the hotspot
with this ssid can't/shouldn't be recorded in any database.

There are reasons to set this other than the ap is mobile.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka@xxxxxxx