Re: IPv6 deployment [was Re: Recent Internet governance events]

On 22/11/2013 14:05, Randy Bush wrote:
>> Of course, the dual stack model only works while you still have enough
>> v4 space for one-per-customer.
>
> i.e. when you do not need it.  that's a real seller.

Understood, but how else were we going to make the world operate?
If people don't make long term plans and investments, they tend
to end up in crisis mode.

>> It still boggles my mind that major ISPs failed to grok this in
>> time. The ISPs that did grok it are the ones happily running dual
>> stack.
>
> we deployed dual stack in 1997.  i would not color us happy about this.

And don't imagine I'm happy that it's 19 years since we started this
thing.

   Brian