Re: Number of CAs

Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

> The four most widely used browsers are all produced by US companies.

Open source helps a lot.

Anyway, that does not answer my question of:

>> Why do you insist on counting the number of Angels when just one
>> fallen one is a lot more than enough?

> If you posit an attack against the US CAs you must also accept that the NSA
> could make the same threats against the browser providers which would have
> the same effect with far less risk of being caught and far fewer
> consequences to being caught.

It does not deny my point that PKI is no better than DH.

> If the NSA was to coerce a CA into issuing a false certificate I would
> imagine their lawyers would point out to the court that doing so would
> threaten the stability of the entire Internet economy and that if
> discovered the CA would lose its business.

Could you explain why google, apple, microsoft etc. did not behave so?

> The NSA would then be facing the downside of a multi-billion dollar lawsuit
> in public court. The very last thing they want to risk is their
> unconstitutional search orders being litigated by a plaintiff with standing.

"would then be facing"??? If it's not "is now facing", then, it means
"will never face".

							Masataka Ohta