Re: Last Call: <C> (On Consensus and Humming in the IETF) to Informational RFC

A few comments.. Attached in line with previous comments.

On 2013-11-09 11:02 AM, "Pete Resnick" <presnick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Engineering is hard. We've got to do that. Coming to consensus over the
engineering tradeoffs is also hard; there's no one-liner like, "We
always go with the running code". As the document says, the "running
code" bit of the mantra is that we value actual practical experience
over theoretical models. But running code is not itself some sort of
magical thing. We still have to do the rest of engineering and come to
consensus on whether we've gotten it "right". And I do think the
document says that much. I don't think it should go much further.

[VK] I fully agree - engineering is hard, and goes much further then a specific moment in time when we have our first or subsequent version of code.  An important part of this is how the code/system runs in real networks/environments and interoperates. Engineering is also a continuous process in many cases.

I don't think we should enumerate the entire list of what trade-offs should/can be made or what are all the considerations (list will likely be very long).  Making clear note that such things are part of process should be sufficient.