Re: Hum theatre

On 07/11/2013 15:58, Randy Bush wrote:
>> You’re entitled to your opinion, but I entirely disagree.  I thought each
>> of those made an important point and highlighted some areas where consensus
>> is broadly held.  I appreciated Russ’ composition of the issues and think
>> he deserves our thanks.
>
> the feeling of those present was pretty clear.  i am sure folk with too
> much free time on their hands will wrap themselves around process
> epicycles 'til the cows come home.  there is a massive amount of work to
> do.  let us focus on that.

Plus several.

Obviously the hums were not aimed at deciding any engineering questions
in need of great precision. They were aimed at getting a sense of the room
on some general principles. As with the two previous occasions I mentioned,
if we want to write them up, there needs to be a draft and a consensus-forming
process. That would be a fine background activity. Meanwhile, I hope progress
on doing the actual work continues in the foreground.

    Brian