Re: Last Call: <draft-moonesamy-ietf-conduct-3184bis-03.txt> (IETF Guidelines for Conduct) to Best Current Practice

Hi Arturo,
At 16:39 06-11-2013, Arturo Servin wrote:
I do not think it is a call for the shepherd to decide to add it or not, but to us as a group.

The document shepherd is there to see that the issues are addressed. What I meant was that if I do not address an issue the document shepherd could, for example, tell me "you forgot to address X", or "there is agreement to add text about Y and you did not do it".

Also, I do not see why included the text or not will stop somebody to sued the IETF, but I am not a lawyer.

I don't know the implications.

And, as recent events of discussions about harassment, I am firmly believe that this issue has to be addressed in the draft, if not as a whole policy at least to mention that any type of harassment (sexual, racial, etc.) should not be done.

There is a policy at http://www.ietf.org//iesg/statement/ietf-anti-harassment-policy.html I welcome any comments about how to fill the gap is the policy is considered as inadequate.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy