Re: RFC2119 keywords in registration requirements

see rfc 2418 page 3 as well as RFC 2434 page 3 for an example of non-protocol uses of 2119 terms

fwiw - I have seen 2119 terms used in registration type RFCs for rather many years
I think it is too late to unwind that clock

Scott

Scott Bradner

Harvard University Information Technology
Innovation & Architecture
+1 617 495 3864
1350 Mass Ave., Room 760
Cambridge, MA 02138