Re: Sergeant at arms: please deal with mars.techno.cat@xxxxxxxxx

On 10/25/13 6:52 PM, Jorge Amodio wrote:
>> On Oct 23, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Randy Bush <randy@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> the chilling effect of vigilateism is far worse than spam or trolls.
>> we've been dealing with the latter for decades, and there is little
>> actual real harm if any.  the chilling effect of vigilanteism causes
>> actual harm and reduces the rich diversity of opinion, culture, and
>> viewpoint.
> Amen

I think John's point - that this wasn't vigilantism, it was the
agreed-upon process - is not a minor one.  I think that the lack
of clarity around Jordi's reasons for booting someone call
that into question, but we've got a process for dealing with
posters who are disruptive and not much more and that process
was invoked.

I'm still bothered by the possibility that our Sergeant-at-
Arms booted someone off the list because of his personal antipathy
towards anonymity, and I hope this is being dealt with by somebody,
somewhere.

Melinda