Re: Sergeant at arms: please deal with mars.techno.cat@xxxxxxxxx

> I have another observation from this case that we might try to learn
> from. If people have an issue with a posting, should they contact the
> sergeant-at-arms in public or in private?

if i, as a normal citizen, have an incident with someone's egregious
action in a public place, should i contact the executioner in public or
private?

wrong question, at least in the culture in which i was raised.  we pay
lip service to the concept that there should be a bit of 'due process'
between a complaint and the executioner (and then spy on you and bomb
you into democracy).

From: Ted Lemon <Ted.Lemon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> I think when the first email message we see from a particular source
> is obviously disruptive and off-topic, we do not need to wait for a
> larger statistical sample before acting.

i am a bit taken aback by the vigilantism.

it was just an email message, and a factual one at that.  the usual
example is _falsely_ shouting "fire" specifically because it can cause
*actual* *physical* *harm*.  get a delete key.  get procmail.  get a
grip.

randy