Re: CHANGE THE JOB (was Re: NOMCOM - Time-Critical - Final Call for Nominations)

On Oct 20, 2013 1:46 AM, "Cullen Jennings (fluffy)" <fluffy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2013, at 12:10 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > 1. Less/no time on document reviews.
> > 2. Less time managing working groups.
> > 3. Fewer working groups to manage.
> > 4. Fewer "extra" tasks (e.g., interfacing with other SDOs).
> > 5. Less/no involvement with BoFs and other early-stage efforts.
> > 6. Less/no involvement with creating the schedule.
>
> Let me add fewer areas to find ADs for

Adding more certainly doesn't help. Reducing the number could help if we have a concomitant increase in the usefulness of directorates.  But it doesn't solve the problem.  If we learn to adjust to having fewer ADs, and the trend toward a smaller more homogeneous candidate pool continues, we end up with just a Chair and maybe 1-2 ADs, plus a lot of (appointed) "assistants".  That could work, but let's decide explicitly if that's the trajectory we want to be on.

Scott