Re: Of governments and representation (was: Montevideo Statement)

Hi John,

On 12/10/2013 05:02, John Curran wrote:
> In my personal view, it is a very important for the IETF to select leadership who can
> participate in any discussions that occur,

Without obsessing about the word "leadership", but following up on a comment
made by Noel Chiappa on the "leader statements" thread, I think we have
to recognise that nothing in the NomCom process, the IAB Charter, or
the IESG Charter, would cause us to select IAB or IETF Chairs who are
particularly suited to this role.

In fact I think that the plan of record is to leave such matters to
ISOC.

Reality is different - the outside world expects to hear from us.

     Brian