Re: Last calling draft-resnick-on-consensus

I agree with Melinda, IETF WG Chair is the key to practice guiding the group to clear consensus, otherwise guide them to best/productive discussions related to improvements in the work or in the consensus.

AB

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Melinda Shore <melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/6/13 1:03 PM, Jari Arkko wrote:
> My goal is to publish it as an Informational RFC. It is an
> explanation of principles and how they can be applied to productively
> move IETF discussions forward. While there is no change to IETF
> processes or any presumption that guidance from this document must be
> followed, I have found the document very useful. It has been referred
> to numerous times in IETF and IESG discussions. Consensus is hard and
> many WG discussions have complex trade-offs and differing opinions. I
> believe having this document become an RFC would help us apply the
> useful principles even more widely than we are doing today.

Glad to hear it - I think this is an enormously useful document.
I'm wondering if wg chair training at an upcoming meeting can't
be spent on it.  Vancouver's too soon, but what about London?

Melinda