Re: How to protect DKIM signatures: Moving ADSP to Historic, supporting DMARC instead

On Oct 3, 2013, at 1:37 PM, Barry Leiba <barryleiba@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To both Doug and Hector, and others who want to drift in this direction:
>
> As I've said before, the question of moving ADSP to Historic is one
> we're taking on its own, and is not connected to anything we do or
> don't do with DMARC.  Bringing DMARC into the discussion is a
> distraction, and, worse, makes it look like there's a tie-in.  There
> is not.

Dear Berry,

Even John Levine the author had opine along these same lines.  The response to Hector was agreeing a reason should be given, along with agreeing with his justifications.  The tie-in may be limited, but nevertheless DMARC has become the chosen alternative.  It seems if any reasons are given for moving ADSP to historic it also should conjecture why DMARC and not ADSP, unless your point is nothing has been learned?

Regards,
Douglas Otis