Re: Transparency in Specifications and PRISM-class attacks

On 20.09.2013 16:23, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
For example, do we really need 30 different authentication algorithms in
a protocol? Whenever we talk about authentication we end up with a new
framework on the existing frameworks rather than just picking one.

I don't think that there is something wrong with an authentication framework as such. You know why we are not just picking one authentication algorithm, one cryptographic primitive, one credential type, etc.