Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-threats-06.txt> (Threat Model for BGP Path Security) to Informational RFC

I read this draft and tried to participate in shaping into something I as an operator believe useful in SIDR WG, but to no avail -- IMO because the protocol work, and then the requirements work, were largely completed already.  I believe this approach will cause more harm than good and result in more instability than security, and it leaves some considerable holes with which I am actually concerned about related to inter-domain routing security (and autonomy) on the Internet.   As such, myself and some other operators published this document, which has since been accepted and evolved as a WG document within the Global Routing Operations WG (GROW):

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-simple-leak-attack-bgpsec-no-help-02

I've given up on SIDR, I wish them well….

-danny