Re: ORCID - unique identifiers for contributors

On Sep 18, 2013, at 5:09 AM, Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> on the other hand, people from industry are more organised and don't need/want the academians ideas/participations :-)

The IETF is not an industry organization.   We want (and get!) participation from a wide range of people, including industry people and academics.   Several area directors are academics.

Honestly, we don't care if you are an academic, an industry person, a hobbyist or a manatee (actually that would be kind of cool).   What we care about is that if you participate, you do so meaningfully: you add value to the organization either by doing the work that needs to be done, or by helping other participants to get that work done.