Re: Bruce Schneier's Proposal to dedicate November meeting to saving the Internet from the NSA

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/09/2013 15:11, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> S/MIME is almost what we need to secure email. What is missing is an
> effective key discovery scheme. We could add that and add Ben Laurie's
> Certificate Transparency and have a pretty good start on a PRISM Proof
> email scheme.

OK, that's actionable in the IETF, so can we see the I-D before
the cutoff?

Yes, the ID should be out next week together with the request for a BOF on PRISM Proof email which has a shorter fuse.

> What we lack is not the technology, it is demand for deployment.

Exactly, and that is not actionable in the IETF

On the contrary. taking advantage of a marketing opportunity is certainly something the IETF can do.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/