Re: Academic and open source rate (was: Charging remote participants)

I've been told, though obviously I don't know, that the costs are proportional.  I assume it's not literally a "if we get one additional person, it costs an additional $500".  But I assume SM wasn't proposing to get just one or a few more "open source developer" attendees.  If we're talking about just a few people it's not worth arguing about... or doing anything about.  It would only be useful if we got a lot of such attendees.

-hadriel