Re: Data collection for remote participation

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Alejandro Acosta
<alejandroacostaalamo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Vinayak,
>   First, well done, I fully agree with your email. I have two
> questions for you/the group:
>
> 1)  I wonder if in your proposal you are considering some sort of
> charge for remote participation. IMHO I do not think we are yet
> prepare to charge.

This was a suggestion but I don't think it will work well. OTOH an
argument can be made that money gathered from charging remote
participants can be used to fund better tools for remote
participation.

> 2) When you mention that filling the responses (pre-IETF) is
> voluntary, so, I guess it's not mandatory, am I right?. We should also
> define what pre-IETF is..., it sounds obvious but it can be read as
> the pre-WG session.

I am proposing it not be mandatory but I am sure many people will be
happy to help. It should be unobtrusive and be the equivalent of
signing the blue sheets.

>   I would add to your proposal some kind of activities from local ISOC chapters.

Did not understand. Can you elaborate ?

-- Vinayak