Re: Faraday cages...

On 2013-08-07, at 13:28, Ted Lemon <Ted.Lemon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...] I don't think you can argue that carrying an RFID tag with a simple number in it makes things any worse.

That sounds right.

The purpose of the badge is to dilute your personal privacy and announce your identity to those close enough to see. You can't always tell who is looking at your badge. People who see your badge in more than one place can infer that you have moved between places. If you don't want people to see your badge, you can take it off.

The privacy concerns with badges seem very similar to the privacy concerns of carrying RFID tags.

I do not hear a lot of expressed concern about wearing a badge.

Joe