Re: [iaoc-rps] RPS Accessibility

On Aug 6, 2013, at 11:27 AM, Dave Crocker <dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> An entirely different approach would be to have all speakers make a 'reservation' into a single meetecho (or whatever) online queue, and then get called in order, whether local or remote and independent of what microphone they are at.  This gets accurate identification into the online system, with the entry task distributed.

I would not mind this system intensely, but bear in mind that it requires everybody to bring a mobile device of some sort that can be used to do this registration, and they will have to keep that device out and active during all meetings.   If their battery dies, they can no longer participate, or will require exception handling.