Re: Last call: draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-16.txt

--On Saturday, July 20, 2013 19:17 -0700 Tim Bray
<tbray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fair enough.  I think it would be reasonable to ask that:
>
> - the draft include the word "privacy"
> - the draft discuss the issues around relying on an identifier
> that persists across changes in device ownership
>
> There may be an issue concerning a SIP-related identifier
> which is unavailable on millions of mobile devices which do
> not have IMEIs, but it's quite possible that it's
> non-applicable in the context of the draft.  -T

Personally, I'd consider getting all three of those issues
addressed in the document (including a discussion of the
applicability of the latter and a serious discussion of the
privacy issues) as adding value... and as requirements for RFC
publication in the IETF Stream.

   john