Re: Content-free Last Call comments

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013, Pete Resnick wrote:

> Much as I would like what Stephen says to be true, I think Lloyd's probably
> right: People give more weight to opinions coming from people with dots on
> their name badges.

One has to be able to see the dots for it to possibly matter. Out here at
the end of the email connection, I have almost no clue who might have a
dot. I give weight to folks I've observed over time to provide thoughful
comments. Many have been ADs, etc. at some point. Unless a message
explicitly says "I'm writing in role as an AD", it doesn't matter.

The exception would be the WG chairs and ADs associated with WGs I follow.

I'm well aware that any review comment I'd make would need to logically
explain my position because I'm relatively unknown.

Dave Morris