Re: Weekly posting summary for ietf@xxxxxxxx

Thomas,

> From my perspective, the intention/usefulness of the weekly posting is
> to give folk a high-level view of who is posting and how often. It is
> not uncommon to see certain individuals stand out. In some cases, that
> makes perfect sense -- and the signal level is high. In other cases,
> it shows (IMO) people who are too quick to post and who (too often)
> say predictable things if you've read previous threads on the same
> general topic. YMMV.

I agree with your conclusion.

I also wish that the signal level was higher.  The IETF list is important because we need to have a place where IETF wide issues can be discussed.  That doesn't work if many people unsubscribe due to the the low signal to noise level.  I hope that that people who consistently show up at the top of the posting summary will moderate their behavior.

Bob