Re: Meritocracy, diversity, and leaning on the people you know

Nice post.

I wonder whether a better mechanism for drawing newcomers into the inner circle - which is what I think you're intent is here - would be to randomly select people to be involved in a short online meeting to discuss the draft, rather than review it in isolation.

It'd be a different kind of review, which adds value for us, I think, and would instantiate new human subnets which could be used to bootstrap other involvement.

This is, I stress, merely a quick reaction to your much more thoughtful post, and I reserve the right to backtrack and change my mind.