Re: The RFC Acknowledgement

On 2/8/13 6:55 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
> Remembering that we've managed to get ourselves into a situation
> in which there is a IPR policy-based requirement for some
> acknowledgements, do we really need to debate this topic rather
> than saying "author/editor discretion as long as the author or
> editor is sensitive to requests for inclusion or exclusion and
> to the IPR policy requirements about substantive Contributions".

That's my sense as well, and I think it makes a lot of sense
in terms of process/overhead to just leave it up to the
discretion of chairs and editors.  The notion of acknowledging every
single person who stepped up to the mic and made any comment, or
who posted to a mailing list, seems a bit over-the-top to me.

Melinda