Re: Last Call: <draft-kumaki-murai-l3vpn-rsvp-te-06.txt> (SupportforRSVP-TE in L3VPNs) to Experimental RFC

Hello Lou,

> > We think you are correct about the Path message.
> > But Resv messages are different. The Resv messages are sent hop-
> > by-hop. The destination is not the remote PE but the unicast
> > address of a previous RSVP hop when a PE send out a Resv message.
> >
> >  Therefor, there will be no VPN label and the remote PE will
> > have no method to identify the VPN context/VRF.
> >

> I'd expect it to be represented in the HOP object.

Sorry for misleading.

Scenario 1: (Our main scenario)
RSVP-TE control messages are used to create LSP between CE and
CE including PE-to-PE(multi hops) part.

We do not see PE-to-PE part as one hop.

Our Path and Resv messages, both of them do not have VPN labels
because we want to reserve network resources hop-by-hop between
PEs.

Scenario 2:
View PE-to-PE as one hop and adds VPN labels to both Path and
Resv messages. In this case, as in your email hierarchy-based
solutions is also effective.

But our main target is Scenario 1.
We think it is necessary to also reserve network resources
between PEs.

Best Regards,
Peng JIANG
KDDI

> Peng,
> 	Thanks for the quick response!  Please see in line below.
>
> On 10/22/2012 9:39 PM, Peng JIANG wrote:
> > Hello Lou,

> > We think you are correct about the Path message.
> > But Resv messages are different. The Resv messages are sent hop-
> > by-hop. The destination is not the remote PE but the unicast
> > address of a previous RSVP hop when a PE send out a Resv message.
> >
> >  Therefor, there will be no VPN label and the remote PE will
> > have no method to identify the VPN context/VRF.
> >

> I'd expect it to be represented in the HOP object.
>
> Lou
>
> > In RFC 2205:
> > 3.1.3 Path Messages
> > A Path message travels from a sender to receiver(s) along the
> > same path(s) used by the data packets.  The IP source address of
> >  a Path message must be an address of the sender it describes,
> > while the destination address must be the DestAddress for the
> > session.
> > 3.1.4 Resv Messages
> > Resv messages carry reservation requests hop-by-hop from
> > receivers to senders, along the reverse paths of data flows for
> > the session. The IP destination address of a Resv message is the
> >  unicast address of a previous-hop node, obtained from the path
> > state.

> > As I have explained, For Resv messages, hierarchy-based
> > solutions are not able to identify the VPN context/VRF at a
> > remote PE.
> >
> > Hope the above explaination will make sense to you.
> > Please let us konw if you have any further comments.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > Best Regards,
> > Peng JIANG
> > KDDI
> >

> >> Hello,
> >> 	I made this comment privately during the LC period.  I don't mind
> >> sharing it more widely:

> >> Lou

Informational.