Re: In Memoriam IETF web page -- a modest proposal

Dick and Steve,

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Dick Franks <rwfranks@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 22 October 2012 21:25, Steve Crocker <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After watching the traffic on this, I'm thinking a memorial page is perhaps not the first place to focus attention.  Instead, write a memorial RFC for each person you think made a significant contribution to the IETF.  The RFC Editorial process will provide some vetting on quality.  Use Informational, Historic(!) or create a new class.
>
> The memorial page can then list those who have memorial RFCs written for them.

OBITWG will need a charter, chair and mailing list.

I like Steve's idea, however, not exactly like the idea to set up a permanent working group. Perhaps it would be better to form a "working group" case by case, each "wg" focusing only on the merits of one individual. However, I am not sure, that a wg would be a right form, anyhow,

I would prefer individual submissions, may be more than one submission/person.

Géza
(author of a book about heros of networking in Hungary)