Re: In Memoriam IETF web page -- a modest proposal

On Oct 22, 2012, at 1:25 PM, Steve Crocker wrote:

> After watching the traffic on this, I'm thinking a memorial page is perhaps not the first place to focus attention.  Instead, write a memorial RFC for each person you think made a significant contribution to the IETF.  The RFC Editorial process will provide some vetting on quality.  Use Informational, Historic(!) or create a new class.

like this idea, with a new category.

> The memorial page can then list those who have memorial RFCs written for them.

or we no longer need such a page, just an index to RFCs in this category.

Lixia

PS: Noel mentioned a few old names, like Licklider (maybe less than handful people on this list knew him), or Coya (unclear whether more people showing at Atlanta know the name, or the other way around) -- life moves forward fast, history fading away quickly, if we dont make an effort to put it in record.