RE: I-D Action: draft-jaeggli-interim-observations-02.txt

Thanks for the revision, Joel.

My greatest take-away is the phrase you suggest might be a tautology...

   Interim meetings probably are more
   successful when they appear necessary

In general, WGs feel they must meet at full IETF meetings, and they are
well-attended because everyone is there for the whole week often to do other
stuff.

In general, interims are only held when there is real need and desire to attend.
Thus, most WGs do not hold interims.

My concern with the relatively small LIM is that WGs feel they will "give it a
try" without having enough to discuss face to face. Not saying this happened
this time, but it seems like a WG might say "there's a LIM going on, so we might
as well meet" a bit like they do at a full IETF meeting, but without the
guaranteed attendance.

As you say, it is hard to draw a firm conclusion from just one experiment.

Thanks,
Adrian

Interim