Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-leiba-5322upd-from-group-06

On Thu, 2012-10-18, John C Klensin wrote:
<snip>

> As I said earlier, I can live with almost anything if it is
> correct and allows us to move forward.  I am, however, getting
> more concerned about the consequences to the virtual 5322bis and
> its future instantiation if we go down these paths.  I would
> really not like to be the relevant AD (or Pete-bis) trying to
> defend leaving the explanation and reference out of 5322bis
> given that they were important enough to include in this
> document and, if the explanation and reference go into 5322bis,
> why a large series of other references and explanations should
> not be included.  I'd be a tad happier if this explanatory stuff
> when into an appendix rather than the text.

<serious value="false">
How about we put the explanation right next to the justification in
5322 why <group> was not allowed in From: in the first place?
</serious>

I have wondered about that limitation for at least 15 years. I
have come up with possible explanations but without a shred of
evidence from the RFCs.

<snip>
--
Bill McQuillan <McQuilWP@xxxxxxxxx>