Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-leiba-5322upd-from-group-06

On 10/17/2012 12:27 PM, John C Klensin wrote:

--On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:00 -0700
ned+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

A single sentence summarizing what benefit is achieved with
the change, along with a couple of usage examples, would go a
long way towards showing how this update helps in practical
ways.

I could live with a single sentence, but I strongly object to
the inclusion
of examples, for the reasons I gave in my original response.

Would a possible middle ground be to include a single
well-crafted sentence with an informative citation of
draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade?  That document does contain
examples and an explanation of that particular use case.

I thought Ned's goal was -- quite reasonably, IMO -- to not be dependent upon EAI for this general-purpose enhancement.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking