Re: Is the IETF aging?

On 05/02/2012 02:14 PM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
When people suggest new work to the IETF they often see a strange reaction. I remember when Mozilla came to the IETF and proposed to work on the privacy topic "Do Not Track". I couldn't find support for doing the work in the IETF. I don't exactly know why people didn't like it but the W3C immediately picked it up and had seen lots of new companies (mostly from the advertising industry) joining the W3C.

As a counter-point (which supports your position <G>) the creation of the CODEC WG has actually brought a number of people/companies into active IETF involvement that were likely never involved before.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Jabber: kfleming@xxxxxxxxxx | SIP: kpfleming@xxxxxxxxxx | Skype: kpfleming