RE: 'Geek' image scares women away from tech industry ? The Register

 [RS> ] +1 This is not just something we should do, its something we have to
do. I know the AD's try and keep a strong hand in talent spotting among the
WG chairs on who might succeed them, but one thing I believe WG chairs need
to do is appoint WG Secretaries. I always did. Limit the number of WG's a
single individual can co-chair.  The best way to mentor promising talent of
is to give them a start on the "career ladder"

I'm sure if there was a way for potential mentors to volunteer, there would
be a good number of interested volunteers (myself included). Growing a next
generation of leaders is something the entire IETF should do more of.

Thomas