Re: Is the IETF aging?

Mary,

I have to agree.  As is common, gender imbalance can be treated as a
joke only by those who
aren't affected.

For those of us without "male privilege" (or other types of course)
who have experienced the effects of subtle or blatant discrimination,
it is no joke.

Nor is it caused by a lack of interest or ability in technology - but
it is always easier to claim that
the issues are caused by women instead of the prevailing tech culture.
 Luckily, tech culture can vary significantly by organization.

This thread is the worst example I personally have seen in the IETF.

Alia