Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC Review of draft-ietf-pwe3-static-pw-status-10

On Apr 30, 2012, at 12:25 PM, Stewart Bryant wrote:

> Hi Ben
>
> Thank you for your review.
>
> The IANA policy is stated as IETF Review (end of first para in IANA)

Okay, I guess I just missed it.

> The normative text is deliberate - this was part of the change that we needed to make.

Then as a reviewer, I think the proposed text is a bit confusing, as a paragraph describing how one element operates seems to make a normative requirement on the behavior of a different element. It would be better to make that assertion in the description of behavior for that other element. This is not a big deal, and certainly not a show stopper if people are attached to the current approach. It's just a personal opinion.

(Sorry, I'd offer more specifics, but am not in a position to pull up the text at the moment, so I'm responding from memory. I will look again when I get the chance.)

Thanks!

Ben.