Re: Questions: WG Review: Network Virtualization Overlays (nvo3) - 23-Apr-2012 update

On 24/04/2012 21:04, Adrian Farrel wrote:

NVO3 will consider approaches to multi-tenancy that reside at the
network layer rather than using traditional isolation mechanisms
I know we have been dancing around this and there is a lot of paranoia. It is
clear that we mean that no IETF technology will be excluded from consideration a
priori. This may be sensitive because the PWE3 charter (which had to handle a
similar question) explicitly called out IP and MPLS. I can't think of a better
way of saying what the text says other than "network layer" but perhaps, for the
avoidance of doubt, Stewart could put an email in the archive that says "I
confirm that the phrase 'network layer' in the context of the NVO3 charter does
not exclude MPLS." Then (hopefully) we can all move along and do the real work
:-)

For the avoidance of doubt, in the context of the NVO3 charter, the term
'network layer' does not exclude MPLS.

Stewart