Re: [nvo3] WG Review: Network Virtualization Overlays (nvo3) - 23-Apr-2012 update

Hi Stewart.

Charter generally looks good to me. On the milestones, however:

> Milestones:

> Dec 2012 Problem Statement submitted for IESG review
> Dec 2012 Framework document submitted for IESG review
> Dec 2012 Data plane requirements submitted for IESG review
> Dec 2012 Operational Requirements submitted for IESG review
> Mar 2012 Control plane requirements submitted for IESG review
> Mar 2012 Gap Analysis submitted for IESG review
> Apr 2012 Recharter or close Working Group

You presumably mean 2013 for the last 3.

That said, I really hope the WG can get all of its documents to the
IESG by December. That gives the WG 7-8 months and 2 IETF
meetings. Not an easy task, but if it takes the WG a full year before
it gets to doing anything beyond requirements, etc., that does not
paint a very encouraging picture.  I recall during the BOF someone
(Jon Hudson?) stating that industry is already well ahead of the IETF
in this space...

Thomas