Re: Proposed IESG Statement on the Conclusion of Experiments

Hi,

While I find the idea of actually tracking experimentals rather inviting, I do think the overhead of such a process should definitely be part of the consideration.

I find the idea of knowing when an experiment its over, challenging.  For example, I am working on an experimental, albeit an IRTF experimental, now. While I may have some idea of when any experiments I am part of end, how would I know about the other people who might be experimenting? Will there be a request for them to register their intent to experiment?  Do people purpose tracking that? What does it mean to say the experiment is over?

One thing I would like to see is an expectation that at some point there would be a report on the findings of the experiment. Even just an ID on the topic might be a good thing.

avri