Re: provisioning software, was DNS RRTYPEs, the difficulty with

On 3 mar 2012, at 17:29, Scott Kitterman <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sometimes an ASCII text record will be fine, in other cases, it probably won't.

My point is as we move again towards multiple text representations of "the digit five" for example, both encoding and parsing is easier and more secure if that digit is really for example eight bits and not "text" that someone has to parse.

   Patrik