Re: discouraged by .docx

On 27 November 2011 14:17, Eric Burger <eburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Naah.  We should update the 72-character ASCII limit to 40-characters.
> Not only will that work for all of these mobile devices, it will work
> on a TRS-80, too.

+1

While I hate all incarnations of "Proprietary Data Format" it would be
nice to transform the about ten PS RFCs to PDF/A, and then drop the odd
idea that everybody is interested to install "ghostscript" on their box
in 2011:  I'm not more interested to do this, PDF/A will do for _this_
purpose (= sustain the few PS RFCs for the next 50 years.)

For simple IETF slide shows I'd still prefer formats suited for limited
bandwidth plans.  PDF/A is an unrelated goal, e.g., I don't care about
the monospaced font details as long as it is monospaced and can handle
the simple i18n examples in IRIbis or EAI presentations.

-Frank