IEEE spam (was [CfP] IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Management of the Future Internet (ManFI 2012) - April 16, 2012 - Hawaii, USA)

As this was blasted to a lot of IETF lists (three that I watch, at least), I suspect this might have been better handled, i.e., in a less irritating manner, by using the IEEE-IETF Liaison position.  Such a role does exist, as shown at http://www.ietf.org/liaison/managers.html.  That person could have posted the CfP in a single conspicuous place within the IETF on behalf of IEEE.

In any case, a single posting to ietf@xxxxxxxx would have been more than sufficient.

I note that on at least one list I watch, the IEEE poster has been blocked from further postings as a result.