Re: The death John McCarthy

I was at the MIT AI Lab 1967-68 and at ARPA/IPTO 1961-74 where I funded and reviewed the Stanford AI Lab.  Later I based my PhD thesis on McCarthy's memo on situational fluents.  I also designed but didn't implement Lisp for the Sigma 7.

Later I ran research groups and insisted on Lisp as a requirement.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone