RE: Minimum Implementation Requirements (Was: 2119bis)

+1.

As we've defined SHOULD and MUST in RFC2119, they lay out conformance requirements.  I still don't see what's broken.

If the "Why is this a SHOULD and not a MUST?" question that Spencer pointed out is a common one, then guidance to authors might be an appropriate addition.  But I don't think the definitions as they currently stand are at all ambiguous.